Recently OYO rooms (twitter – @OYOrooms) has given me a chance to review their premium property at Majestic, Bangalore.
And hence this selfie –
The challenge was to explore the city and complete a lot of tasks given by them. Since the property is centrally located it was very easy to explore the city. However, taking a selfie was difficult for each task as the image was not clear.
Getting there – I took a public transport to reach, normal BMTC bus.
Check in– A warm reception was awaiting me at the property. I met strangers and heard their life stories.
I met this guy from Assam, who was fortunately a Bengali and we spoke at length about his story –
OYO welcome – As soon as I reached there I received a warm welcome from OYO team –
OYO Room – Big cozy room. At least 500 sq. feet if not more.
Tasting OYO food – Since it was a review of the property, I couldn’t but taste the food there.
Exploring the city – The task said any Bollywood movie poster. But in Bangalore I felt of modifying the task to a local movie poster as that seemed more apt for a city like Bangalore –
Walking around the streets I found an artful building Academy of Fine Arts Bangalore. Couldn’t miss to take a selfie there –
There was an art exhibition and Mela going on and that added to my happiness as it did to these kids
As I was waking around the streets of Bangalore, after a sumptuous lunch I felt the need of cooling myself in a different way. Bumped off this pan shop that sells Rs. 70000 worth of pans on weekends.
While searching for good street food, I met this person and explored his kitchen too. You know Bengali food is awesome, and they must have some secret in their kitchen –
I met this man in uniform –
Found a kids party, so didn’t have problem in getting along for some fun
… And continued exploring the city until I hit a dead end –
It was the time of sunset. So, wanted to take a selfie. Well, later I had to change my strategy as my face was covering what I wanted to take –
Well, you know taking a sunset selfie in Bangalore in May is probably the craziest thing we can think of.
I had to keep something for future as well and I was wondering if there are other OYO rooms in the city to explore. So downloaded their app for exploring their rooms in future and also getting awesome discounts.
And continued exploring the city before I hit the bed, in cozy and soft OYO bed –
Positives of OYO Premium Rooms, Majestic –
1. Economic compared to there actual cost. Real value for money. Grab the offers and enjoy. Download their APP and get 50% discount.
2. Centrally located. Easy to commute to all important places.
3. Warm hospitality. I felt the staff to be very courteous to me (I have taken feedback from its staff, and other guests staying there).
4. Food quantity – I ate chicken biriyani and the quantity served was good and there was enough chicken pieces in it. Good spread available.
5. Great ambience – Calm place.
6. Good sleep quality
Overall my rating of the property is 4 out of 5.
- The wi-fi connection in the premises needs a lot of improvement. Even though there are many wi-fi connection available but none works. Since outside mobile internet does not work one needs to depend on wi-fi which needs a lot of improvement.
- Food quality- The food quality of the main restaurant is not good. I tasted Biriiyani and it was not good. The complementary breakfast was also not that good.